Monday, May 18, 2009

This New Place...? Not Everything


So, I'm less than a week new to Atlanta and I thought this would be a "change". I expect much early on, but I am far from disappointed. I absolutely love it here! Would I have been the one to paint this canvas, I don't know that I could have done it better. I'm excited about what's still to come.

For now, very unexpectedly, in my mind, I'm right back where I started. Standing in that cul de sac the night before, wanting more, but knowing this is certainly what's best...uncomplicated. So, I decided to take the thoughts out of my head and let them stay silently in this place where few actually wake the words. This time though, I decided to do it in a poem. Not my own work unfortunately, but I think Beethoven does it well, even in my chosen condensed form.

Immortal Beloved by Beethoven

My thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved,
now and then joyfully, then sadly,

I can live only wholly with you or not at all - Yes, I am resolved to wander so long away from you until I can fly to your arms and say
that I am really at home with you,
and can send my soul enwrapped in you into the land of spirits -

Yes, unhappily it must be so -
No one else can ever possess my heart - never - never -
Oh God, why must one be parted from one whom one so loves.

- Be calm, only by a calm consideration of our existence
can we achieve our purpose to live together
-Be calm - love me - today - yesterday -
what tearful longings for you -
you - you - my life - my all - farewell.

Oh continue to love me -
never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.

ever thine
ever mine
ever ours

No comments:

Post a Comment